Monday 7 May 2012

Quasar!

Not strictly a positive about my pgce. But, if I was not on the pgce, I wouldn't have known the people involved or have been living here, so it kind of is. :D

Today, to celebrate a friend's birthday, we decided to spend the Bank Holiday wisely. By visiting South Shields, having a meal in a cave and playing Quasar!


 I've never played before and was a little unsure of what to expect. Our team of 7 [should have been 9 but 1 was stuck in traffic and another thought it might bring on a panic attack] was up against a team of 9 children/teenagers. One in our group told the kids that we are all teachers and that definitely kicked things off lol. It was teachers vs the kids lol.

I really enjoyed it! I think it must be pretty good for you too - lots of running around, ducking and diving. You literally don't stop moving for an hour. Our team were pretty strategic - working in pairs or even threes to take down the other team lol. They were a little more random - although a couple could definitely grow up to be snipers lol! Worrying I suppose.

Anyway, outside, after an hour in the dark, we got the scores. Blue team [the kids] had -16!!! Red team [the teachers] had 1424!!! Get in lol. The kids were gutted lol. 

My own record wasn't great, although I came third on my team. The two guys in front of me were incredible - 80% accuracy rate. Using a laser gun is very different from using a shot gun lol - I don't think I aimed properly at all, but I didn't too bad - especially not as it was my first go. It has definitely recharged my batteries to help with the next four weeks. An afternoon of fun with friends is a must on a course like this. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment