Friday 25 November 2011

Placement Display

I was charged with taking down an old display on France and making the preparations to replace it with a Jolly Postman display. The first job was to put up hills and a blue sky, before characters collaged by the children could be added. Below are some pictures from the start, although there is a huge pile of work to go up on it and we decided that some of the characters would need a bit more work. :)

At first, I was a little nervous. It is a huge display and is on the only corridor in school, outside the office and headteacher's room [one and the same], by the main entrance. The rolls of paper were huge and putting everything up meant standing on a tiny chair lol. Still, whilst the other pgce student in my school laughed a little as he stood observing an assessed writing activity, I think I had the better time. I mean, I love being in class and being with the children, but what is there to do when you are just observing a test? I mean, the teacher didn't want anyone to provide additional help, as she had given as big an input as she felt was justified given the fact it was a writing assessment, so doing something productive and creative with the time was far better. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment