Sunday 29 January 2012

A Chance To Recover

This weekend hasn't been particularly exciting, but it has been a chance to regain some degree of normalcy in my life. I feel rested and ready for the scariness that is tomorrow - three lessons, one observed by my STCC [who I am convinced is going to sit there like a hairy giant in the corner of my tiny classroom and basically put me off lol] and one which involves a serious battle with the shocking science resources available, as we look at electrical conductors and insulators.

Yesterday, I had a driving lesson that went really well. My instructor is really supportive and I enjoy my lessons. I used to dread them back when I first had a go [way back in summer 2010] but now they are a high during the week. My test is fast approaching, which is rather terrifying. I obviously want to pass - for one thing, I can't afford to take it again - but part of me will be a little sad to finish my lessons. The silly thing is, after my test, I won't be getting behind the wheel of a car for a rather long time lol [not until I have secured a job and have the money to buy a car]. I think I'll miss my trips around parts of County Durham I'd otherwise never have seen. But, passing my test will definitely make up for that loss lol!

I went into Durham. After a week out in Spennymoor, it was quite nice to head into town. Durham is such a small place that it is very easy to grow bored of the place, so that week long gap was beneficial. Plus, I timed my visit so I got to see the Chinese New Year parade. They filled the streets and it featured a dragon and lots of drum banging. Plus, I saw one of my pupils taking part - I'll have to ask him about it tomorrow. :)

Today, my flatmates were up at the crack of dawn, which should have annoyed me as sleep is so very precious at the moment. However, I was able to do my laundry before the Sunday-rush, plan some lessons, watch the full Australian Open final [even if the end result didn't go the way I wanted it to] and thus I feel very civilised today lol. Plus, my observed lesson is all planned and I have sent it to my teacher to check over. I've even "played" it out in my mind, and admittedly, out loud lol. My flatmates must think I am insane. Hopefully it will go well. Class 2 have been very lucky you see -they have received a letter from Grandpa Chatterji, who heard that they have been reading all about his trip to England. So, they are going to write their replies to him after a game of Blockbusters to refresh our memories of the story... Keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes well. Perhaps if I imagine my STCC as another child it will help - although he would be a very large, very hairy child. Or, I could just pretend he isn't there. After all, I am clearly not as bad at this "acting the part" business as I thought - especially given my eagerness to full different faces and poses with the class before our role-playing activity on Friday! Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment