Friday 20 January 2012

Literacy Planning Challenge Overcome [I hope!]

So, my teacher dropped a lot of bombshells yesterday, which didn't go down particularly well.
To recap: 1. A change to the school day timetable, meaning the lengths of the lessons had changed. 2. A change to the organisation of year 2, meaning I know longer have them for literacy 1 day a week. 3. A change to the topic - despite not objecting to my Indian theme before, she decided that I must change it all to fit with Ancient Egypt.

Well, this morning, I have been working on doing just that. And, I think I have managed to do it pretty well. I should enjoy teaching it too, despite feeling rather sad to essentially throw away all the work I had done on India [not leats because I think it would have been a very vibrant and interesting topic]. The teacher had said 'the children won't understand why they are learning about Indian culture'. That had annoyed me - after all, the topic was 'stories from other cultures' and the whole point is to allow them to see and read about somewhere different [yet similar] to home. Oh well.

I have sent the new plans to her, so fingers crossed she says they are okay. I don't think I could face replanning them yet again [especially when my STCC said they were fab as they were originally]... *fingers crossed*


Something that helped me get into the mindset: Horrible Histories Cleopatra Song. [I haven't used it, although I am using the Mummy Song in one of my History lessons on the period. :D]

No comments:

Post a Comment