Thursday 19 January 2012

Teaching File - STCC vs Class Teacher

Really struggling today to focus on the positives, as my new class teacher has left me feeling rather annoyed. Insisting that I change my literacy planning for all three weeks, despite admitting that she thought the class would love everything I planned, to fit with a different culture [despite her initially saying I could pick the culture to focus on]; informing me only today that the timetable has changed, meaning different length lessons and my having the year 2 pupils at different times [again, meaning more re-planning] and finally that they have dropped the ICT Smart Learning software, for which I spent over an hour last night planning to create lessons that hit three separate units [for my three separate year groups], so they too now need re-planning. All in all, I came away feeling rather upset and now I have to spend yet more time planning things that were fine and perfectly reasonable given the information I had. Urgh!

However, a positive. I can do that.
I had my meeting with my STCC today. He is responsible for signing off my teaching file. It was probably the longest I've ever spoken to him, as I tend to keep quiet in our group meetings. He said he was very impressed with my planning, the depth of detail and the general organisation of everything. He said it was one of the best he had seen and that his amazing yr6 teacher would love it - she was recently inspected by Ofsted [independent of the school] and was told she is in the top 1% of teachers in the country. That was really nice to hear. :D

He did say that he struggles to read me though, and that I don't give anything away. It will probably stay that way, although I did mention to him that my teacher had sent an email a day or so ago with an end line suggesting I could 'change cultures' for my literacy. He said it would be unreasonable for her to expect me to do that, especially given all the planning and detail I have gone into with the culture I had chosen. Also nice to know that I am not the only one who thinks this late notice is rather poor showing from her. Not least because she wants to see the new plans tomorrow!

Oh my... :/

No comments:

Post a Comment