Wednesday 28 March 2012

Positive Feedback & A Sunny Day

Today, my teacher gave me a little bit of feedback about my time in school so far. I think my STCC has mentioned that classroom management was a bit of an issue on my last placement, so she gave me some tips. I have been firmer from the off this time, but I welcome the advice. She said I should spend my first proper lesson laying down the ground rules. I think I will create a class charter with them, introduce a noise chart and perhaps re-jig the reward system with them - make everything clear and get off to a good, firm start lol. :)

Anyway, the positive thing she said was that:
- I have built up really positive relationships with the children.
- I am already aware of their individual needs and quirks.
- I am "tuned into" the children and can read them well.
How sweet is that?! She finished by saying it was very obviously that I love working with children. It made me think a bit. At times - lots and lots and lots of times - on this course, I've felt like packing it in. I've had no intention of going on to be a teacher. But, I do enjoy being with the children and it can be a very fun environment to work in. With the motivation that gave me, I applied for my first job. [That still means I am way behind most people on the course - who are up to job application 1000 and one or two have actually got a job secured - but heyho, it's a start.] :)


During PPA, the teacher decided to go home [I think the beautiful weather had an impact, plus she had a hair appointment booked]. Rather than sit around at school and just waste time, she said she would give me a lift home. I was back for around 12.30pm. I took the decision to sit up on the Mound in the centre of college - overlooking the Cathedral - and I just read [The White Pearl by the amazing Kate Furnivall, as it goes] for 2 hours! It was bliss. So peaceful. So sunny. I even got a little bit sunburnt. A beautiful way to end a positive day. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment