Friday 23 March 2012

Swimming & Ukulele

Today was a really nice day.

In the morning, the class performed their Ancient Egyptian assembly. We've worked so hard across the week to perfect it and they seemed to really enjoy it. They sang the songs well and all the parents beamed with delight. :)

After the fun of the assembly, we went to the local pool for the class's swimming lesson. From the perspective of the teacher and I, we just had to supervise each half of the class [as only half were taught in the pool at any one time]. And, my teacher insisted that you must have a chocolate bar and a hot drink during that process - hey, I'm not going to complain lol. Though, I did feel a little naughty, given the fact the kids were burning up all that energy and we were just injesting it lol. The only odd thing was that a lot of the children's parents were there watching - apparently they attend every week. They were friendly enough, but I did find it strange that they were there watching, especially if one of their children began to misbehave lol.

In the afternoon, we had a ukulele lesson with a very random, unusual and pretty gigantic man. He was a giant, I'm sure of it lol. I've never played a ukulele before, but my teacher insisted - she always joins in - so I gave it a shot. The class have had 5 lessons and I was pretty chuffed to have caught up with them. I was happily playing along and changing between chords F and C lol. Woo! Sadly, that is the only ukulele lesson I will attend - I am teaching Friday mornings, not Friday afternoons. Unless I hang around during my PPA to join in lol, but that seems a little mad given how much you have to do on a teaching practise lol. :)

So, all in all, a pretty groovy Friday. I really like my new class. All names learnt, little quirks noted and my teacher - whilst being completely different to me in every way - is very supportive and we can have a laugh together. Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment