Saturday 23 June 2012

QTS File Hand-In


On a PGCE course, you end up having more files than you could ever hope to carry. Just some of those, for my course, include:
- English Subject File
- Maths Subject File
- Science Subject File
- Foundation Subject File(s) [covering RE, History, Geography, Art, DT, PE, MFL, Music and ICT]
- CIS and AFV File(s)
- Placement Files [minimum of 2 - one for each main placement - but most people, self included, end up with multiple files for the larger placement]
- MA Module Files [Teaching & Learning and the Self Directed Study]
- QTS File.

Each file is a lever-arch. Each file is full. Then there are all the bits and pieces that have to go elsewhere. So much paper! Each student on a PGCE course must be responsible for the death of multiple trees! :/

Anyway, the placement files are looked at by our class teachers and our STCC. They have to be on hand at all times and we cannot 'deny access' to anyone. My STCC signed my files off when I finished my placement, so they are just sitting tight now [incase I am one of the people picked by the external examiner - who will then want to see every above file].

The 'main' file is the QTS file. The one pictured above. This one features documents from our HASE placements, our Record of Achievement, essays and feedback, workbooks for English, Maths and Science and a few other pieces. Eg, our CEDP. This week was hand-in week for the file. On Wednesday, after school, I whizzed up to the department and submitted it. It felt like such a big moment. All being well, I should get my QTS and pass the course. Yay! :D

I celebrated the ceremonial hand-in with a friend. We frequented the bar 'beer garden' for my college until 9pm, sitting in the sunshine. The sun opted to shine unmasked by clouds that day, for the only day this week. It felt so good. Being in school and not really teaching [well, sometimes taking lessons but not doing the planning side] has some real benefits - namely, being able to sit until 9pm in the pub without then having to rush back to do shed loads of work lol. :)

On a slightly different note, my STCC finally seems to "like" me. I went to ask him something on Friday and he said he was very proud of me and that he thinks my final placement report is fantastic and well deserved. My class teacher has given me a good overall but she has upped the number of outstandings since she showed it to me, so it is about 50% good and 50% outstanding now for the standards, which is far more than I expected. When I said that I am thinking about maybe applying for some teaching jobs, he hugged me! I suppose that should be a confidence boost. He thinks I can do it. To be honest, I think I can do it too. My dilemma, lol, is whether I want to... Decisions, decisions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment