Thursday 28 June 2012

Broad Beans



The beans I planted with my class, at the start of my placement, are now out in the school garden and - as you can see - they are coming along nicely. It is great to leave something there, growing and developing. Hopefully, they will produce lots of great beans for the children to try - especially as most had not tasted broad beans before. It is a good thing to have as a bit of a legacy. :)


Today was my last day at my placement school. It was very sad, although I am not one to well up. My class gave me so many little presents - all things that they had drawn or made. It was very sweet. I will definitely miss them, and my class teacher and my teaching assistant. They have all been fantastic. 

I started out very skeptical for this placement, as the first was not ideal. However, I have been given a good report, lots of positive feedback and I have throughly enjoyed it. So much so that I applied for three jobs on Monday. One of them contacted me yesterday to say I had been shortlisted, so I now have my first teaching interview to prepare for. It is very, very scary. But, who knows, it might all just slot together perfectly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment