Thursday 20 October 2011

My First Teaching Placement

Today, we found out where our first teaching placement is going to be. I'm subsequently rather excited! :D

I am going to a small school, which is in negotiation for a new building but is currently in a small blue building. It looks so... cute [for want of a better word].



This is my KS2 placement, as I requested KS1 for my 'long' teaching placement. So, I'm going into the year 3/4 class, although apparently there are a handful of advanced year 2 pupils as well. Split year classes seem very common here, but outside of small village schools, I hadn't heard of them before. That said, this school is a village school - they only have three classes! It'll be a good challenge regarding differentiation and pitching things at the best level for the children, but it seems to be a really pleasant environment to learn those skills in.

A couple of the schools in our cluster are a little... scary. I should probably say challenging, but you know what I mean. Two students in my cluster definitely had a sharp intake of breath when they discovered their schools, which just made our STCC laugh and laugh. He has previously said he tries to put people in a 'nice' placement and a particularly challenging placement to make up the two, so maybe I'll end up in one of those schools for my big placement. But, I'm not worrying about that. By then, I should be more confident and I'll obviously have more experience to draw on to cope in that environment. Plus, you never know, a few of us might be lucky and have two 'nice' placements lol. Regardless, I'm sure all the placements are going to have their own challenges and rewards - I'm just rather chuffed that my first will be in that adorable looking building, in a school that seems to be really good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment