Thursday 6 October 2011

My STCC Is Amazing!

When I first met my STCC, I was a little anxious. He came across as being a huge character, a little scary and a little overwhelming. He is still is a huge character, and a little scary and occassionally a little overwhelming, but now I really appreciate that lol!

I suppose I should explain what an STCC is. It stands for School Training Centre Co-ordinator. They organise the placements, they assess our lessons and they write a big chunk our final reference. As my STCC put it, he decides if we pass or fail this course. Best keep him on side then lol!

He is a wonderful breath of fresh air. He marks such a contrast to the lecturers/tutors we have during our university-based days. He said himself that he isn't academic - he was thrown out of two universities during his youth - and he has a lot of 'real world' experience, having worked as a lorry driver and for Nissan prior to studying for his PGCE. Plus, he is obviously amazing at what he does, as he made headteacher within 9 years in the profession! He doesn't look like your average headteacher - he is much more down to earth. And, his language is a lot more fruity lol. He labelled one lad in our group an arsehole on his very first day, after the lad forgot a range of important documents lol.

When we have our days in his school, and our meetings with him, we all come away enthused and excited. We can have a laugh with him and he really seems to have our best interests at heart. It is so motivating! :D

Anyway, last week, he asked us to email him our mobile numbers for him to put on file. Not long after I returned home from his school, I sent him the email. Today, he had a list of three of us who hadn't emailed him - I was one of them. I told him I had and stood my ground, but double checked when I got back. I only went and sent it to the wrong person! I've sent my mobile number to some randomer lol! Anyway, I forwarded my initial email and explained what I had done. His reply tonight made me literally lol.
In the words of Keith Lemmon... "Don't be a dingbat!"
Thanks. x
I think having a STCC who cracks jokes and references Keith Lemon provides a perfect balance with some of the university staff, and certainly helps put you at ease lol. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment